The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with this website and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we make of such data.
We are Action Adhesives of Corkeeran, Ballybay, County Monaghan, Ireland.
We take our responsibilities under applicable data protection law, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation and implementing legislation such as the Data Protection Act 2018, very seriously. The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the data relating to you that we collect and use in connection with this website and the uses (including disclosures to third parties) we make of such data.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked sites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such. Some technical terms used in this statement are explained at the end of this page.
If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
COLLECTION AND USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Action Adhesives does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you volunteer (for example by emailing us, using our online feedback form or by making a purchase or event booking). This personal data may include:
- your name and contact details, including your address, phone number and email address;
- your credit/debit card or bank account details;
- any other personal data relating to you that you provide to us or that we generate about you in connection with your use of this website.
- Collection and use of technical information
When you visit our website, the following information is retained about that visit:
- the IP address of the visitor’s web server;
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net);
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used;
- Google analytics which shows the traffic of visitors around this web site (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded);
- the type of web browser and operating system used by the website visitor.
Action Adhesives will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is the policy of Action Adhesives to never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from our internet service provider, which records such data on our behalf and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by law. The technical information will be used only by Action Adhesives , and only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING AND LEGAL BASIS
We will use personal data relating to you for the purposes of:
- dealing with any queries that you have submitted to us via the website;
- processing applications and transactions submitted through the website;
- improving and developing this website;
- carrying out research and user surveys;
- sending you promotional and marketing materials, subject to any preferences that you express when we collect your contact details or subsequently. You can opt out of receiving promotional and marketing materials from us at any time by contacting email@example.com
- generating and analysing statistics regarding usage of this website, including the frequency of use of individual pages (where possible, personal data will be anonymised before being used for this purpose);
- fraud prevention, investigation and detection;
- establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
The legal bases on which we process your personal data are that this is necessary for:
- our legitimate interests in conducting our business in ensuring the proper management and functioning of Action Adhesives . We will not process your personal data for these purposes if to do so would constitute an unwarranted interference with your own interests, rights and freedoms
- compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation that applies to us; and
- the performance of a contract with you or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
FACEBOOK CONVERSION TRACKING PIXEL
We may from time to time use Facebook Advertising, Facebook Pixel Re-Marketing, and communications. This tool allows us to understand and deliver ads and make them more relevant to you. The collected data remains anonymous and we cannot see the personal data of any individual user.
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data to other organisations in connection with the above purposes, including:
- to third parties who we engage to provide services to us in connection with this website, such as outsourced service providers, IT services providers, professional advisers and auditors;
- to competent regulatory authorities and bodies as requested or required by law; and
- digital marketing and analytics service providers.
We will not hold your personal data for longer than is necessary. We retain your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes described in this Notice, or to comply with our obligations under applicable law and, if relevant, to deal with any claim or dispute that might arise between you and us.
REQUIREMENT TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
You are not under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide us with any personal data. However, where you submit a query to us in the ‘Contact Us’ section of our website or submit a form such as registration for an account on our website or to sign up for one of our newsletters, we will ask you to provide certain information, such as your name and email address. If you do not provide this information, we may not be in a position to process your request.
UNSOLICITED CORRESPONDENCE AND THIRD PARTY DATA
Action Adhesives may occasionally receive unsolicited correspondence from members of the public or solicitors which contains personal data relating to third parties (“Third Party Data”). We may process such Third Party Data for the purpose of replying to correspondence, dealing with queries and complying with our legal and regulatory obligations. The legal basis on which we process Third Party Data is that this is necessary for our legitimate interests in conducting our business and ensuring the proper management and functioning of Action Adhesives . If you would like to receive further details about our use of Third Party Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the following rights, in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- Right to access the data – You have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we hold about you, together with other information about our processing of that personal data.
- Right to rectification – You have the right to request that any inaccurate data that is held about you is corrected, or if we have incomplete information you may request that we update the information such that it is complete.
- Right to erasure – You have the right to request us to delete personal data that we hold about you. This is sometimes referred to as the right to be forgotten.
- Right to restriction of processing or to object to processing – You have the right to request that we no longer process your personal data for particular purposes, or to object to our processing of your personal data for particular purposes.
- Right to data portability – You have the right to request us to provide you, or a third party, with a copy of your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine readable format.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact email@example.com
We may occasionally update this policy. We encourage you to periodically review this policy for the latest information on our privacy practices.
QUERIES AND COMPLAINTS
If you have any queries or complaints in connection with our processing of your personal data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Irish Data Protection Commission if you are not happy with the way we have used your information or addressed your rights. Details of how to lodge a complaint can be found at on the Data Protection Commissioner website or call the Data Protection Commissioner at 353 (0)761 104 800.
GLOSSARY OF TECHNICAL TERMS USED
Web browser: The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Opera.
IP address: The identifying details for your computer, or your internet company’s computer, expressed in “internet protocol” code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 7 days.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Republic of Ireland